Thursday, March 8, 2012

CrossFit!

Being in college it's sometimes hard to get into a grove of working out on a regular basis. I know my studies (and the occasional party or two) really got in the way of working out. There just wasn't enough time in the day to get in a good workout and get all my work done. But about a month ago, one of my friends told me about this new way of working out called CrossFit. He told me it was very short very intense workouts that utilizes your entire body and not just isolated muscle groups. And the beauty of the whole thing was that it only lasts around 20 minutes. Well that's exactly what I needed with my busy schedule, so I went and checked it out. Now the workouts might be short, but he wasn't kidding about the intense part. Seconds upon completing my first workout I vowed to never do that to my body ever again... then five minutes later... I signed up for the next class. I guess its kind of like that restaurant that you like, but you never feel good after you eat there (its usually Mexican restaurants for me). Oh did I mention the aching that your body endures the day after your workout... I could hardly bend over to put my socks on! But, I keep going... I guess that part of my brain that tells me not to hurt myself is dead, and I'm hoping all this hard work will eventually pay off... Until next time, remember, The South's the Limit! 

Here is where I go to murder my body!


1 comment:

  1. I'm not so into the crossfit thing, given my asthma. Good luck though! I stick to the standard cardio and weights routine five days a week.

    ReplyDelete