Thursday, May 17, 2012

DelMonaco

So this past weekend was quite busy. My Lady had a softball tournament (that I unfortunately was unable to attend) at UT Martin. She left last Wednesday and I didn't get to see her again until Sunday... I was starting to get withdrawals. But I was able to keep myself busy. Friday, I slept almost all afternoon. Saturday was eventful; I had to go to Chattanooga for my nieces second birthday, and on the way I got to pick my grandmother and spend some quality time with her. Then while at the party I was informed that I would get to be a special guest at the birthday party. Little did I know that it would entail wearing a big red fuzzy suit, with four fingered gloves and a big red fuzzy head. And if you can't guess who I was from this vague description, I was Elmo. Yes, I got to trump around in an Elmo costume, which quite frankly frightened the children more than it brought them joy. Alas it was still fun (for me at least).
I think Elmo should always wear BB.


Then Sunday rolled around and I was finally reunited with my Lady. I decided to make Sunday into a special date day starting with a wine tasting at DelMonaco Winery. 

DelMonaco



We both had an amazing time tasting wines and walking around the vineyard. We would have liked to gone on a longer tour but the weather wasn't cooperating with us. We wound up leaving with two bottles of their wine to enjoy with our dinner and desert. Next we went to the grocery store (which I know sounds like nothing special, but we really enjoy going together) and pick out the ingredients that would end up making one of the greatest things I have ever tasted. Then we sat down to dinner, we drank wine and enjoyed our food. Then we crawled into bed and watched How I Met Your Mother, until we both fell asleep. It was an amazing day.  







   

No comments:

Post a Comment